Great Wolf Lodge California is located in Anaheim, California. It has 105,000 square feet of indoor water fun and a total of 13 acres dedicated to family fun. Great Wolf Lodge is new, well thought out, and super clean.
We visited during the Dia de Los Ninos celebration and we were completely awed by the resort. Here’s the 411 on our experience and everything you need to know before you book your trip to Great Wolf Lodge.
The Park Amenities.
I had no idea how much Great Wold Lodge had to offer- it is so much more than a water park. The park has two whole floors dedicated to fun, food, family and memory making. When you first arrive on the property you’re greeted by a huge rock wolf sculpture. Then inside the lodge-themed lobby you’re greeted by a staff member who gives you and every member in your party a pair of wolf ears. The experience engulfs you immediately.
On the first level you’ll find two restaurants, a Dunkin Doughnuts, and the large tree that many of the activities center around.
The lower level is where all the action is. There’s the water park that contains numerous slides, a wave pool, obstacle courses, wave rides, an outside water area, a toddler/baby zone, and two restaurants.
The fun doesn’t stop there. Also located on the bottom floor is a kiddie spa, a pizza parlor, a grab and go restaurant, a laser tag room, glow in the dark golf, an arcade room, a blowing alley, and a 3D movie theatre. Oh, and don’t forget Creation Station which is Great Wolf Lodge’s version of Build-A-Bear.
Also, there are two interactive games that the children can play throughout the resort with a magic wand or their teddy bear. Be sure to check those out-it was a fun adventure for my girls.
A Few Tips and Tricks
- At 9 am the park opens just the ‘FlowRider’ and guests can get extra time on the ride. Guests who come early also get the chance to stand up on the wave boards. This is open to everyone.
- Look into getting Paw Passes. They are all-in-one passes that allow you to get access to some of the other non-water areas of the hotel. If you plan on using the extra amenities this gives you a chance to do so at a reduced price.
- Be sure to check out story time and all the other activities that come along with your stay. Bedtime story was one of our favorite. The main tree inside the lobby is covered in what looks like animal statues but at story time these animals sing, dance, and read to the children. There’s also fresh made popcorn and drinks sold throughout ‘the performance.’
- The hotel offers luggage storage. So, if you haven’t had enough of the park on your last day you can check your luggage when its checkout time but still enjoy the park for the rest of the day. Or as long as your travel plans allow you.
- Always check the calendar on the website before planning your trip. Great Wolf Lodge loves to celebrate and often has weekends full of extra fun themed events and activities according to what they are celebrating.
- Also, plan a trip around a holiday. Holiday celebrations are huge at Great Wolf Lodge and they go over the top in celebrating them.
- Be sure to check the Great Wolf Lodge website before you book your trip, they often run specials.
Let me know if you visit and how your trip was!